HENNESSYMEDIA.COM • 718 928 4555 • firstname.lastname@example.org
• NYC based Multimedia Producer / Documentary Filmmaker with a passion for realizing personal stories
• Proficient in research, writing and formulating data into clear concise narrative
• Skilled in photography, videography and audio recording
• Proficiency in Final Cut Pro, DSLR cameras and professional audio recording equipment
• Strong project management skills and experience
• Currently producing a travel memoir podcast
• Built website using Squarespace, created and maintain content featuring multimedia storytelling, hennessymedia.com
2010-Present: Freelance Multimedia Producer, creating multi-media packages including written pieces, audio slideshows and videos
Search for stories, perform pre-interviews, interviews, scout locations, secure release forms, storyboarding, create sets, set-up and operation of lighting, video camera and audio gear (up to four video cameras shooting simultaneously during live performances), capture, transcribe and archive video content, edit video, purchase and capture of field recorded sound effects, procure and use archival footage, direct musicians for soundtrack, upload videos to various hosting websites, write short/long form titles and descriptions to increase viewership
Sampling of published stories:
• Aiming Towards Energy Independence, published on nbcnewyork.com, 2010
• A Cigar Story, published on nbcnewyork.com, 2010
• Involving Influence, IFB Conference, 2012
• Dobbin Skaters, published on nyc24.org, 2010
1995-Present: Site Supervisor, Project Manager
20 years in the construction industry as Site Supervisor, Project Manager, Owners Representative, Consultant and proprietor of a general contracting partnership, specializing in commercial and luxury residential interiors in NYC, managed projects with budgets from $300,000 to $3.2 million and supervising teams of up to 40 craftsmen
Proficiency in digital video, audio recording, editing (Final Cut Pro), digital photography, and Photoshop.
Columbia University, Graduate School of Journalism, New York, NY, M.S. Digital Media Concentration, May 2010
New York Film Academy, New York, NY, 4-Month Intensive digital filmmaking workshop, April 2008
SUNY, Empire State College, New York, NY, B.S. in Journalism, January 2008
Foundry Theatre: shot and edited video content, Invisible Women Rise.
Company So Go No: shot and edited video content for this experimental dance/theatre company, Art of Memory.
The Working Theater: shot and edited video content and photographed theatrical performances and events.
Spending several years abroad seeking out and listening to the stories from the people I came across. These adventures are the content of my travel memoir podcast.
Solo travel to over 50 countries spending a month or more per country. Regions include the Middle East, Central and South America, North, East and Central Africa, Eastern and Western Europe, Southeast Asia, the Caribbean, Eurasia and South Pacific.